Webinars are powerful business tools and an excellent way to communicate. But a Webinar is more than just a phone call with more than two people, or a video chat on a tiny screen. For example, you can have hundreds of people across the world listening to your words and watching your powerpoint. Webinars are easy to do well, but with some tips and guidance, you can make your Webinars excellent.
Getting Started In Public Speaking
When it comes to public speaking, there are a lot of factors that are considered to be roadblocks along the way or things that we can’t seem to overcome. Public speaking concerns can range from a generalized worry over not being prepared to being downright terrified before stepping on stage. If you’re looking to overcome your fear and find some useful tips to overcoming your fear, take a; look at the collection of tips below to make your next (or first) public experience a great one.
Brainstorm Topics. Much like writing a story or paper, you need to have an outline for your speech before trying to write the content.
Free Ways to Practice. Overcome your public speaking anxiety by trying some of these free ways to practice public speaking.
Tips to Tackle the Fear. No one is immune to the nerves of putting yourself on display to the public, but there are a few things that you can do to make yourself a little more at ease.
Break the ice. Here are a collection of tips for breaking the ice when you first step in front of an audience.
Inspiration Series. Three separate resources that indicate why your fear has power, why being honest is the best possible policy, and how being yourself is the most important thing when hosting a presentation.
Have a great conclusion so you can finish strong. This listing provides a number of different ways you can bring your presentation, speech, or toast to an end, all while keeping your audience’s attention to the very end.
Know everything you can about communicating. From the importance of shaking a hand to having excellent diction, this collection of articles from leaders in the communications industry will help you define what other information you need.
One of the hardest things to do when it comes to the fear or hesitation to public speaking is simply stepping up and taking the first leap. This collection of resources will help you create a speech that will help you get your feet wet in the public speaking arena.
A Conference of Mind and Mouth: The Ultimate Public Speaking Resource Guide
The fear of public speaking is widely recognized as the number one fear for most people. Yet, there is little doubt that one has to often address public gatherings in various formal and informal situations. Weddings, funerals, dinners and the workplace are just some of the places where one might have to make a speech or deliver a presentation. Overcoming the fear of public speaking or speech anxiety may not be easy for many. Here are some useful resources to help manage speech anxiety, prepare a speech and deliver it with style and confidence.
Avoiding the Stress
- Overcome Speech Anxiety: Helpful tips and ideas on how to manage communication and public speaking anxiety. Includes a separate section for ESL students.
- Tips to Manage Public Speaking Anxiety: Detailed information on causes of speech anxiety and how to combat it successfully.
- Speech Anxiety Management: Four simple steps on how to reduce the fear of addressing a group or making a presentation.
- Overcoming Stage Fright: Comprehensive article on what is public speaking anxiety, the thought patterns that trigger it and ways to manage public speaking anxiety.
Organization and Techniques
- Crafting an Effective Speech: A comprehensive article on writing an effective speech. Including establishing the purpose of the speech, understanding the audience and detailed information on different parts of the speech – introduction, helping an audience listen and understand, and conclusion.
- Preparing a Speech Easily: Detailed information on preparing a speech by addressing all major components, including body of topic and references.
- Speedy Speech Writing: How to write an effective and impressive speech when on a short deadline.
- How to Create the Perfect Presentation: Comprehensive information on creating the perfect presentation. Includes detailed information on designing, planning and organizing the material, using visual aids, types of visual aids and finally, testing the design of the presentation.
- Speech Writing for Beginners: Simple, easy-to-understand tips for beginners and novices on how to write a successful speech.
- Using Powerpoint for Presentations: How to use Powerpoint to enhance a presentation and make it even more effective and powerful.
Do’s and Don’t’s
- Effective Public Speaking: Useful list of do’s and don’t’s to make public speaking effective and engaging.
- Facial Expressions and Gestures: The importance of using the right gestures and facial expressions when making a speech.
- Speech Delivery Basics: Useful tips on how to deliver a speech effectively and with confidence.
- Commandments of a Bad Presentation: Humorous but honest look at what makes a presentation ineffective and poor.
Examples and Templates
- Sample Speeches: Videos that show three different types of speeches – informative, after-dinner and commemorative.
- Templates and Themes: Free downloadable templates and themes for Powerpoint presentations and keynote themes.
- Speech Templates for Boy Scouts: Helpful speech templates in .DOC format for various scouting occasions.
- Sample Debate Speeches: Examples of different types of debate speeches and presentations.
- Ideas for Speeches: Ideas and tips on how to make different types of ceremonial speeches.
- Communication Skills Library: Audio books and tapes to help develop confident communication skills and overcome speech anxiety.
- Public Speaking Articles: A comprehensive list of links to scholarly articles on public speaking.
- Books to Help with Oral Presentations: A list of books to learn how to deliver the perfect presentation.
- Reading List for Public Speaking: A comprehensive list of books including titles that help with public speaking and confident communication.