Webinars are powerful business tools and an excellent way to communicate. But a Webinar is more than just a phone call with more than two people, or a video chat on a tiny screen. For example, you can have hundreds of people across the world listening to your words and watching your powerpoint. Webinars are easy to do well, but with some tips and guidance, you can make your Webinars excellent.
Tips for Non-Profits Using Conference Calls
Using a conference call provider for a nonprofit organization can be a great way to reach out to new volunteers and update current chapters about changes or new campaigns. Even with a great audio conference provider there can be a lot of questions about how you can get the most out of a conference call service. Here are some tips for using a conference call provider with a nonprofit organization.
- Hold a conference call during the middle of a specific campaign to update chapters and members.
- Instead of using your budget to pay to fly in a guest speaker, set up a conference call and invite the speaker to dial in. This will free up more money to do other great things in your community.
- Have your leaders in the field get together on a conference for a brain storming session. Get your chapter leaders together to share thoughts and ideas regarding what is working and what isn’t.
- Recorded conference calls turn into excellent podcasts and you can make them available on your own website.
- Invite local and national media to a conference call – present information about how you’re improving the community towards your organization’s goal and take questions.
- Host a conference call that highlights the achievements of a chapter or specific member. Invite the member to join the conference and let them take questions about what they have to done to make a difference.
- Invite potential volunteers in the community to a conference call to educate them on what your organization does.
- Host fundraising events through a web conference. For example, you can hold an auction, using a slide show to display the items to bid on, and the audio conference to take the bids.
- Use your social media campaign to invite people to a conference call. Update your Facebook page or send out a Tweet about an upcoming event and use your base to help get the word out.
- In times of inclement weather, use a conference call service to host your monthly chapter updates, member meetings, or trustee meetings, instead of traveling.
Not only does using a conference call provider make things easier and efficient for a business, there are a lot of great tools that can be easily integrated right into your nonprofit. AccuConference offers a 50% discount to all educational institutions, government entities, and nonprofit organizations. Find out more about our Get Connected program or give us a call to find out how you can start using conference calls for your organization.