April showers may eventually bring May flowers, but what does it mean for the workplace?
A survey of 6000 people conducted by Careerbuilder.com said:
10% said they were less productive on gloomy days
21% said rain was the largest contributor
32% said they tend to be happier on sunny days
21% said they have called in sick because of not wanting to travel to work in bad weather.
The article also suggests the following techniques to improve morale:
- Order-in a hot lunch
- Show a DVD in the lunch room
- Play some Team-building games
- Provide scooters to get around the office
We’d also suggest:
- Hire a masseuse
- Order Gourmet Coffee
- Set-up inter-office betting competitions.
- Write a blog about being productive on rainy days