I have a client who often sends me questions or requests to change their account via email. He and I have a very good relationship, even if he always spells my name incorrect. It’s no big deal, but when you’re reading an email and you see your name spelled wrong, it’s one of those things that stand out. He and I were working on something that took a little bit of investigation and when it was all over, I sent him a thank you card.
The card was mailed a few weeks ago and yesterday, he emailed me again with another question and thanked me for the card. What else? He spelled my name correctly. Much like how it would stand out when it was wrong, it stood out even more when it was right.
I found it interesting that it was the first email after he got his card – it stood out to me and I can’t help but wonder if maybe the reason is because of the card. If you want to stand out to a customer, here are five ways to thank them.
- Send them a card just to thank them for their time and let them know you appreciate their business.
- Give great customer service and always thank them for choosing your company.
- Invite them to write guest posts on your blog or be interviewed for your Newsletter.
- Send them a gift. It doesn’t really matter what you send them but something to express your appreciation of their continued business can do wonders.
- Send follow up email to thank someone for taking the time to sit down with you and let them know that you’re available to help them whenever they need it.
Sometimes, giving your customer “thanks” isn’t just in what you say, it’s in what you do. You can thank your customers by just showing them that you appreciate that they are choosing your company to do business with. What are you doing to thank your customers?