[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Electronic Organization with Conference Notes
Reminders are everywhere. It began with a ribbon around the finger and has evolved to mounds of sticky notes attached to every foreseeable corner of your desk. It's cluttered, messy, and not at all in line with your company's recent pledge to be more streamlined and efficient. Companies want written records, and most importantly, follow up. With conference calls, they can be so jam packed with information that sometimes it might feel like you are talking non-stop throughout the whole call. Hopefully, you are recording every conference call.
The new call notes system can help you keep track of the information for your conference calls. A single click of the mouse can tell you everything you need to know about a particular call. With the conference call note capability, now it's possible to go into the conference and add a tag (up to 100 characters) beside the conference name in the history.
Many times when a company releases a new product or service, clients are awed at the functionality, but aren’t sure where to start using the new feature. Included below are a couple of good places to start with the call notes feature so that you can begin using everything that we offer to its fullest potential.
- Purpose: When your company uses the same conference codes for each call, you sometimes need to track the subject of the individual calls without having to change the codes each time. You can title each conference call once it’s completed so that you know what the reason for that conference.
- Editing Recordings: Many offices have a staff of people who handle the editing of call recordings. Usually they have to wait for the director or manager to let them know when and where the conference should be edited. With the conference notes system you can tag the call with the editing instructions for the person to know what you want on each call.
- Initiation: Update the notes section to include the person who either initiated the conference or was moderating the call. If you invited a speaker or even a VIP to the call, you can list his/her name in this section as well.
- Task Manager: Use the call notes as a task manager. Instead of flooding yourself with handwritten notes about things that need to be done, use our online notes to keep track of which calls you need to have transcribed, which calls need to be uploaded for review, hosted on your website, or sent to individuals. Are you now planning to make some of these calls available for dial-in playback? Put a note into the call to remind yourself to go back and set the conference to allow for that. Are you ready to change your codes on a particular call? Make a note that says "need code change" to either remind yourself to do it or to let an assistant know that it needs to be done.
Do you have an AccuConference Toll Free number with us? (Well, you should.) When a call is made to your Toll Free number, it stores a new entry on your call log. This is where the call notes system is available for edits. If you already have one, here are some things that you can do with our new call notes feature in your Toll Free number.
- Make call notes in your log regarding who was calling you and what they were calling about. If the contractor calls to let you know there's a delay you can make a simple note: "Contractor – delay in permits" that way you know what is going on without having to go into each recording.
- When you receive a fax through your forwarding number, the PDF is stored on your account log and by using the call notes system you can keep track of what the fax is regarding without needing to keep a printed copy of the fax.
- Use the call notes system to track for business purposes. When a call is received, the notes can be updated to reflect the person’s name, phone number, or content of the call.
By doing this, the need to keep written notes is further eliminated, allowing even more access to the things that are important, like business information, and taking one more step towards eliminating the sticky note pad all together.
Happy Holidays from AccuConference