Tips for Non-Profits Using Conference Calls
Using a conference call provider for a nonprofit organization can be a great way to reach out to new volunteers and update current chapters about changes or new campaigns. Even with a great audio conference provider there can be a lot of questions about how you can get the most out of a conference call service. Here are some tips for using a conference call provider with a nonprofit organization.
- Hold a conference call during the middle of a specific campaign to update chapters and members.
- Instead of using your budget to pay to fly in a guest speaker, set up a conference call and invite the speaker to dial in. This will free up more money to do other great things in your community.
- Have your leaders in the field get together on a conference for a brain storming session. Get your chapter leaders together to share thoughts and ideas regarding what is working and what isn’t.
- Recorded conference calls turn into excellent podcasts and you can make them available on your own website.
- Invite local and national media to a conference call – present information about how you’re improving the community towards your organization’s goal and take questions.
- Host a conference call that highlights the achievements of a chapter or specific member. Invite the member to join the conference and let them take questions about what they have to done to make a difference.
- Invite potential volunteers in the community to a conference call to educate them on what your organization does.
- Host fundraising events through a web conference. For example, you can hold an auction, using a slide show to display the items to bid on, and the audio conference to take the bids.
- Use your social media campaign to invite people to a conference call. Update your Facebook page or send out a Tweet about an upcoming event and use your base to help get the word out.
- In times of inclement weather, use a conference call service to host your monthly chapter updates, member meetings, or trustee meetings, instead of traveling.
Not only does using a conference call provider make things easier and efficient for a business, there are a lot of great tools that can be easily integrated right into your nonprofit. AccuConference offers a 50% discount to all educational institutions, government entities, and nonprofit organizations. Find out more about our Get Connected program or give us a call to find out how you can start using conference calls for your organization.