Conferencing Resource: Ultimate Guide to PowerPoint on the Web
In conferences, presenters often use PowerPoint to convey ideas and information to a large audience. To learn how to make a good PowerPoint presentation, it’s essential to know about the basics of working with slides, adding content, working with text, color schemes, and so on. The proper use of PowerPoint can help to make any presentation smarter, livelier, and more interesting. Here’s the ultimate guide to PowerPoint on the web.
- PowerPoint: The University of Rhode Island offers a number of tutorials on the basics of PowerPoint.
- Using a Template: Microsoft Office shows how to create a presentation from a template.
- Blank Presentation: Learn how to create a blank presentation in two simple steps.
- Using PowerPoint: The page offers information on how to use PowerPoint including opening an existing presentation.
- PowerPoint: The University of Sydney offers instructions on basic PowerPoint operations covering templates, blank presentation, auto layouts, transitions, effects, and more.
- PowerPoint Screen: Come here to learn how to work on screen layout and views.
- The Screen: Explains some of the basic features of a PowerPoint screen.
- Screen Layout: Shows the four basic PowerPoint screen layout views.
- Understand the Screen: An excellent tutorial which explains views and toolbars on the PowerPoint screen.
Working with Slides
- Resize a Text Box: A basic PowerPoint tutorial with instructions on how to resize a text box at Point No. 11.
- Text Box Properties: The page provides a tutorial on PowerPoint text box including how to alter certain text box properties.
- Delete Text Box: Learn all about how to move a text box, resize a text box, add a text box, and delete a text box.
- Bulleted Lists: The site explains all about bulleted lists in PowerPoint.
- 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts: The page offers a lot of information on PowerPoint 2010 keyboard shortcuts.
- Adding Notes: The page provides a simple tutorial on adding presentation notes.
- Adding Video: Learn how to add a video to PowerPoint to enhance the presentation.
- Adding Audio: The site offers the 4 ways to add audio to PowerPoint.
Working with Text
- Adding Text: Shows the 2 ways to add text to PowerPoint slides.
- Edit Options: The site offers tutorials on editing text in PowerPoint.
- Format Text: Learn how to format text and slide in these PowerPoint exercises.
- Replace Fonts: The tutorial shows how the user can change all the fonts on PowerPoint at once.
- Line & Paragraph Spacing: A good place to learn the basics of line and paragraph spacing in PowerPoint.
- Changing Case: The page explains how you can easily capitalize the text on PowerPoint slide.
- Spelling Check: It’s always a good idea to run a spelling check after you have prepared all the text.
- Color Schemes: The University of Michigan provides instructions on how to use PowerPoint’s color schemes.
- Background Colors & Color Schemes: Here’s a complete tutorial on how to adjust PowerPoint’s background colors and color schemes.
- Tutorial: Learn how to manipulate the color schemes and background colors in PowerPoint.
- Inserting Clip Art: Follow these steps to learn how to add a clip art to a PowerPoint slide.
- Images from Internet: Learn how to use graphic images from the Internet in PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint Tips: The page offers a number of PowerPoint tips including how to add an image form a file.
- Editing Graphics: A detailed tutorial which shows how to edit and create graphics for use in PowerPoint.
- AutoShapes & Clip Art: The site describes how to add AutoShapes and clip art to a PowerPoint slide.
- Action Buttons: The page explains how to create action buttons for PowerPoint.
- Slide Animations: The tutorial shows how to apply custom animation on PowerPoint slides.
- Animation & Slide Transitions: Learn all about animation and slide transitions including how to preview the animation.
- Animating Objects: The tutorial covers slide transitions, slide show options, and other related topics.
- Slide Number: The tutorial shows how to add a slide number.
- Date & Time: The site offers a detailed tutorial on slide master with instructions on how to add date and time on the slide.
Saving & Printing
- Save as Webpage: Provides information on how to save a presentation as a webpage.
- Printing: The tutorial shows how to save and print PowerPoint slides.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: A list of shortcuts from the official PowerPoint website.
- Lotus Symphony: The table shows a list of PowerPoint keyboard shortcuts as well as the Lotus Symphony equivalents.